miércoles, 14 de mayo de 2014

MY ENGLISH PROGRESS FROM 2012-2014

In this post I’m going to talk about my improvement along these two years I’ve been doing batxillerat. First of all, I will compare my first composition I did at the beginning of first batxillerat and it was an email to Sonia:

“Dear Sonia,
I’m Lídia and as we agreed, I email you to introduce myself and to give you some special information about me. 
As you know, I’m 16 years old and I live in Castelló d’Empúries. A small town, but at the same time, very special for me. About me, I can only say that I think I’m friendly and some of my friends told me that I’m someone who always wants to help somebody.
Also, I love the sports, and in my opinion, it’s so important to keep feet and to do some exercise, not so many people are aware of that thought.  I want to say I practice rowing, it's so hard but I love it. Now, you know some more about me! Thank you for the time you've spent to read my email.
Write soon!
Lídia Tarrats Costa

And this is my last post I’ve done in this blog some days ago: 

I can’t believe it, I’m writing the last post on this blog which was created two years ago. Time flies! 
I have to accept when I knew I had to create a blog to write about anything for the English subject, I think “wow, I don’t want to do it”. But then I’ve to admit you get used to do it and you realize you can learn a lot of things doing it. To be in front of a white paper and to begin to think which topic you want to write about it’s really interesting. 
Sometimes you can feel you’re wasting your time working on the blog, but now I don’t think so. 
From my point of view, writing in the blog has helped me a lot to improve my writing skills and moreover, I feel more insecure with my compositions. 
Thank you for the ones who have spent some minutes reading some the posts I’ve written here. I suppose next year I will miss to write on this blog!
Best wishes and good luck!

If I have to compare both, I can say that I have improved a lot my writing. First of all, because now I know more about grammatical categories and mainly I know what connectors are. Even though I’m really surprised, because reading my first email I see I used some connectors like “but at the same time”, some phrasal verbs (keep feet), and adjectives like “aware” (they are all marked on the composition). 
Now, after some hours of studying connectors I have to say I use them a lot, in this last composition we can read some examples: “but, from my point view, moreover, …” and they help to improve writings. 
One of the mistakes I have noticed in the first one is some words repeated, they are also marked (for example I use too many times “some”). 
And finally, I want to say I’ve improved vocabulary; reading books in English helps a lot to know more words and expressions. 

And about my oral presentations I have to say I’m really proud of me because I think I’ve improved a lot. 
I remember when I did my first presentation that I was really scared and nervous. I think I’ve improved a lot my body language, my fluency and now I can say I look more often at the audience.
To have an example, I post one of my fist presentations I did to see judge my oral skills:

 I can’t post my last oral presentation about my TDR, but from my point of view it’s the best I’ve done. I know more my classmates and I felt more comfortable and I think my pronunciation improved a lot.   


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario