sábado, 30 de noviembre de 2013

Protective measures are a 'death sentence' for rare dolphin say campaigners

Last 30 November of 2013, it was told that one of the world’s smallest and rarest type dolphins needs an extremely protection. It’s an important breed, even though there is a lot of people who isn’t conscious about that and they try to capture the animals.

Days ago some scientist found that there were approximately 55 Maui's left (it’s the name of the dolphin breed) above the age of one. This news is really alarming because it shows that the Maui's could be extinct within 20 years.

Maui’s dolphins are known to habit on the coast of New Zealand, but there, there is a huge number of people who goes there to fishing. But the New Zealand government has decided to make new restrictions on this activity.
“New Zealand's failure to protect the world's smallest and rarest dolphin is a bitter blow to marine conservation”, said Dr Barbara Maas. 

MY OPINION 

I think one of the worst things the humans can do is to destroy what we have on earth. I can’t imagine being a person who only want to get what he or she wants, without to think about the consequences or just about what can get hurt.

Hearing this type of news for me it’s horrible and I can’t express what I feel. It’s something I get really upset about, even I can’t do anything. Well, I suppose I can do something, at least I can inform around the world and to make everybody to be noticed about that. Luckily there are a big number of associations and groups which are doing this task really well. 





To feel threatened: sentir-se amenaçat
Cetacean: animal de mar
Seismic: sísmic


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario